Monday, September 30, 2002

Stuffed up


Allergies are still working me over tonight. I took a Wegman's brand anti-histamine & I'm waiting for it to ease my congestion.... and put my lights out.

Watched the Bears lose to Buffalo today... not a pretty sight. Their defense was sieve-like again. The Bills' QB, Drew Bledsoe didn't have any flies on him either, and they have alot of good recievers. Damn and blast. We had some good beer, Sam Adams' Octoberfest, and Ben's mom made a delicious spread of chips & salsa, subs, and soup for us. There was a fire crackling away, and it was a grand autumn sunday.

After the game, I went to mom & dad's to loaf around and pick up my bow, which had arrived friday. I stayed for dinner and gorged myself on roast turkey and stuffing. I need to discipline myself and organize my apartment and time. I tend to skip meals, then I'm so hungry when I eat, and I have no idea when I'll eat again, that I over-eat when I do have a meal. Not too smart, and I'm not getting any slimmer this way either. My financial situation is piteous, and I was about to beg for more money while I was there, but the hand of fate caressed me today, instead of bitch-slapping me like usual. My folks saved a jar of change, supposedly from my pockets, and counted it out to $40. I was given $20 of it tonight & I can get the rest later. Who knows if all that change really came from me... and in my desperate situation, who cares? I'm going to plot out my spending carefully this week, and get that damn student loan this week too. Nothing but the essentials.

Poll time: Who thinks beer is an essential? Leave me a comment & we'll see who wins!

I tried out my new German bow today & it was worth every penny. Then again, it was only $70 with shipping. Fiberglass bows aren't even a fraction as expensive as all-wood bows... a comparable wooden bow would have run me at least $200. Eventually I'll save up & get a nice wooden one if this german bow really clicks for me. I took a few scrapes at the strings with it & instantly noticed how much easier it was for me than french bow, and I made much better tone with it too... which are the two important factors. Think I'll enjoy this!

Well, the anti-histamines are kicking in, and I'm getting pretty stoopid here... time to pack it in.

No comments: