Saturday, September 07, 2002

Kitchen Duty


I just completed a task of epic proportion: I cleaned the kitchen! Actually it was a maintenance cleaning, as it was cleaned in a massive cleaning blitzkrieg a couple weeks ago by Kirk & Piper. Nothing like having friends over to help clean your disgraceful apartment! Nothing was too scary, except some enamel-ware Kirk had used for camping christ-knows-how-long-ago. When I opened up the lid & peered inside it put the fear-o'-gawd in me... I thought I was going to have to go borrow dad's hedge-trimmers to attack the mold with. Since I didn't have dynamite or a jack-hammer, or anything else with demolition capabilities, I decided to fill up the kettle with water hot enough to scald the devil's ass in the fiery pits of hell. And now, I shall forget about it for at least an additional week.

Since I neglected to put on rubber dish-doin' gloves, my hands are all soft & water-logged, and in no condition to practice bass. Or at least that's the excuse I'm using. Add to that I'm hungry & you have me shirking practice this afternoon to dodge back to mom & dad's for lunch & a bass project. I need to get dad to finish filing down the new pick-guard for my Jazz Bass so I can bring that back into the arsenal... funk-a-licious.

Heard from my Long Island filly today, which rawked. She left me an IM in the early morning hours, but I was still asleep. In these days of cable modems, it's easier to leave AIM up more often & let people leave messages... just like an answering machine I guess. Anyways, turns out my initial guess was right & she's been busier than a one-legged indian in an ass-kicking contest. Now if only I can get down there to visit her one of these days. Not that I'm not glad I know her, but sometimes it's tough meeting someone who you could fall for in a second, except they live 6 or 7 hours away. It's kind of a double-edged sword. God-damned internet. Anyways. Time for me to hit the road, jack. Perhaps I'll have an eventful enough evening to update again later, but really now, who am I kidding?

Coming tomorrow:
• opening the NFL season with beer, a bar, and a guy named Ben
• if a man's too god-damned lazy to clean his pig-sty rooom, where does he practice his keyboarding skills?
• will there, in fact, be jambalaya soon?

No comments: