Wednesday, September 11, 2002

Avoiding the obvious & citing the mundane (and a birth-day!)


Today (well, 9/10) was a regular ole day... almost nothing of interest to speak of. Went to school, played Frère Jacques during piano class, practiced upright, went to music history. Big fuckin' deal. Then again, I suppose progress, and indeed entire lives are made by little increments like today, so I guess I'll shut up. I went back to the folks' place to do laundry & my gnarly new bass bag arrived. I also had to grab my shit-eating, lousy trombone because Nyerges won't leave me alone about playing 'bone in jazz band. Damn. My trombone is a corroded, dilapitated piece of shit, and I had to get scotch-brite & brasso and scour the green film off the outer slide tubes... O joy. I suppose she doesn't sound too bad, but the rotor is so god-damn noisy it sounds like a trumpet or something. Disgraceful. I picked up Ben on the way home & he helped my estranged room-mate Kirk with some computing woes. I re-installed the Badass II bridge on my Jazz Bass, making it badass and in tune, and we went to the Old Toad for beer & some grub. Kirk excused himself & we three brave souls went down to Monty's Krown for a final drink, and my old friend from MCC Jennie showed up with her friend Meg, and the lot of us hung out & caught up for a bit. And Jenn looked mighty saucy in her little plaid dress too, my-oh-my.

Well, today is the one year anniversary of the.............................. man, I can't even decide what to call it. I had paused for about a minute, which you can't see by reading this. So I went back and added alot of ellipses. 9/11? The WTC attacks? What the fuck do you call it? Right, well it's late & I'm in no way dealing with this right now; that'll be a later update if I can manage it.

On a much happier note, today is the birthday of my Long Island lass, and she's 26. Huzzah for a reason to be joyful & celebrate!

No comments: