Wednesday, September 04, 2002

The shit-heel who lives upstairs from me is blaring his guitar loud as can be, proudly displaying to the world his complete lack of time-keeping skills and awareness of only about two chord qualities. Add to that a baleful, melancholy wailing and you've got the ingredients for a remarkably shitty Smashing Pumkins knock-off. If I wasn't so god-damned tired I'd go up there & strangle him with his 2¢ instrument cable.

Golf was pretty fun, all in all. It started to get a wee warm around the 7th hole, but we were almost done by that point. I'm still not good enough to bother keeping score, but after the first hole I got warmed up a little & started hitting more or less straight, if not far. It improved even more when I added my accuracy enhancing elixir: Beer. Chris & I talked about a bunch of cool stuff, not very much of it being band-related, which is a healthy thing. Cause bands come & go... just ask all the jazz cats. Miles' legendary quintet only lasted about 5 years and that was almost a record in the jazz world. We grabbed some lunch on Park Ave. when we got back in town. We went to a really great little place which had a very creative menu... an eclectic spin-off on the deli theme. I had a turkey sandwich, with jalapeƱo peppers, and honey mustard on grilled sour-dough with a slice of mild dill-pickle. Chris had a tuna sub with bacon & raspberry vinagrette (of all things!) on a grilled roll. Unusual but damn good. I topped that off with yet more beer, an English pale ale from Custom Brewcrafters. What a lunch! The icing on the cake was the waitstaff was friendly, helpful, and you guessed it, hot. It was a feast for the palette and the eyes.

I've got a bunch of stuff to do later, not the least of which is help another music dood out with his band's website, since he's not much of a computer guy anymore. He used to do all kinds of bad stuff, but he had to give it up since he got nailed years ago. He got off with no jail-time what-so-ever, which was damn good luck since The Man was very much into smacking the wrists of hackerz at the time with the Big Wooden Ruler of Juris-prudence. After this Chris and I may hang again, hopefully with his cool, intelligent, and yes, hot friend Adrienne. I'm surrounded by attractive women I can't seem to so much as go out for coffee with. Such is life, I guess.

No comments: