da Bears, etc.
Tonight I was supposed to go to Acme Bar und Pizza to check out South Central, but alas, I got caught up back here being lazy & with assorted phone calls. That and I have the interview at Hyatt at 11:00 am, so a little sleep might not hurt. Practice was good... I felt good playing with the guys, and while it's not the crazy, experimental stuff that MMW is, I think with a push in the right direction we might reach a happy medium in terms of ear-candy to actual musical expression. Mikey's hand is bothering him... a ganglia cyst, from repetitive motion... i hope he sees a Dr. soon, since he'd be desolate without playing. I know how it goes, I'd feel like dying if I couldn't play anymore.
Ben (aka Guy of Quebec) and I are hitting up the Distillery again tomorrow for more Bears action... good stuff. I don't think we intended for this to be a regular thing, but we had fun so I guess we'll go back for more. It could be fun to do the regular sunday thing, something different for me. I'd never have guessed I'd be in bars watching football, but my life is so rancid and stale that anything new is a bonus. And I hope the Bears don't just squeak by this time, god-damn it.
Next time:
• a re-cap of the game & more impertinant ramblings
• results of the job inter-view
• which of the several dozen beers on draught Ben & I sampled
• how much wood could a wood-chuck, in fact, chuck?
No comments:
Post a Comment