Sunday, September 22, 2002

Another fine saturday night, wasted in my apartment alone


Well, with the help of you folks who come to read my drivel, we've hit the 100 hit mark on the site counter (see bottom of page!). I have to credit several of those hits to my cleverly-named blog. I've discovered that a few poor bastards were searching the net for an actual Real Book, with some actual standards in it, but alas, they found this, and possibly even read me bitching about something only to discover no real notation here. But I thank them for stopping by to boost my aggregate number of visitors anyways... suckers! (Just kidding... hope it's a nice diversion on your way to the real real books!)

I tucked my tail between my legs earlier & threw myself at my parents' feet for money. Specifically mom, who cut me a $100 check. I really wouldn't have imagined myself to be in this pitiful position only 6 months from my 30th birth-day, but here I am, alas. It might bother me more, if I weren't in school to do something about it.

I'd like to document to you what a huge music geek I am (and also that I have no life). Not 5 minutes ago I was sight-reading with a bass in my lap. On a saturday night, with a row of half a dozen packed bars across the street, I'm in my room sight-reading. Impressive, yet sad. And now I shall get myself a light snack, and go practice some double bass & piano stuff. Somebody, say there's hope for me...

No comments: