Tuesday, September 03, 2002

Ok, this is a second attempt at my first entry... the original was kiboshed by a timeout error.

So welcome to my blog, the Real Book. For those of you not jazzically inclined, a Real Book is a volume of jazz standards in chord chart format that a musician uses on a gig when he/she doesn't know the form of a tune. That technique is known in the biz as "faking." I tried to call it fakebook, but some weasel took it already. I think it's kind of an appropriate name for a journal... using the blog format, I'm faking or improvising my way through self-expression, only in english, not music. But enough of my alliterative bullshit, you get the underlying idea. Whatever.

I'm starting school for what seems like the billionth time today. Matter of fact, my first class is at the ungodly hour of 8:50 am. This leaves me with a less than desirable amount of time for sleep. Since I'm penniless, I'm going to play parking-lot roulette this fall too. The object of this fun and profitable game is to NOT buy a parking permit, which costs far too much. Next, you just go ahead and park anyways, and hope you blend in well. If you happen to get a couple $5 tickets during the semester, it's still less than the god-damned permits those communist swine in the Registrar's corn-hole you for.

Well, that should be it for now... must get sleep. More at 11.

addendum: Since I couldn't publish this blog for the life of me, it's actually about 12 hours old... I wrote it around 3:00 am LAST night. Sheesh.

No comments: