Local man at bar drinks, watches foot-ball, gets job
I stayed up through the wee hours last night, fucking around on the computer. I awoke at about noon, completely missing my two mid-day classes. Luckily, I don't think I'm registered for both of them yet, so this may not count as an absence. I've got to get my shit together here. I've got band practice at 6:00 (or when-ever I decide to arrive), so that pretty much leaves me with 4 or 5 hours to get anything of significance accomplished today. Man, I love it when wake up to discover that I'm still a shiftless lay-about. I haven't decided what to do with my day yet, maybe I'll tell you about it later.
The Bears squeaked into the lead during the 3rd quarter yesterday, and managed to fend off Atlanta for the remainder of the game. Especially note-worthy were several key plays by Brian Urlacher, who at one point hurdled a blocker and sacked Atlanta QB Mike Vick. Somehow Urlacher manages to be everywhere on the field at once, and I wouldn't want to be the quarter-back he's barreling down upon full-steam. It was a good game, and Ben & I had fun, and had some good food. I naturally completely ignored my 1 beer limit & had a good 4 pints of Saranac Black Forest. And no, I'm not tee-totaling yet. So I guess I'll have to be careful about when I drink as well as how much. Yesterday was ok, as I prevented myself from getting hammered, and was all done by mid-afternoon, thereby not fucking myself over for today. I guess that's tolerable for the time being. Either that or I'd have to admit I'm just a drunk, but I'm not interested in conceding to that yet.
The job interview went spectacular. It was quick & easy, just like your mom. I was in & out of there in about 5 minutes, also just like... oh, never mind. The lady who interviewed me was nice & easy-going, and wrapped up the process after about 1 minute, citing all the experience I have. It's good to be over-qualified for something, even if it is only banquet serving. The pay scale is excellent, they're desperate for workers, and they provide the uniforms & dry clean them too. The only draw-back is that I have to shave my beard off, which rather irks me. Most companies have joined contemporary times & realized that a well-groomed beard is perfectly acceptable to any reasonable person. At any rate, it looks as though I came out on top this time. The corporate figure-head at Hyatt has to do the actual hiring, but the interviewer lady assured me that she'd pass on the recommendation and I'd be prompty hired this week. So I now only await the official phone call & enjoy my last remaining few days with my beard for the next year... and I hope the next time I grow it there won't be any more white hairs than there already are.
Well that about does 'er... wraps 'er all up. Stay tuned for more Real Book fun n' games, kids!
In the next action-packed Real Book install-ment:
• an active afternoon of accomplishments, or sloth-like lethargy?
• which basses to bring to practice?
• total abstinence from beer today? ... not fucking likely
No comments:
Post a Comment