Of sausage, sexy women, and empty skies
Had a grrreat dinner at the folks' house. The meal to-night was Italian sausage patties, grilled to perfection & sand-wiched between two soft rolls, a salad with fresh ice-burg lettuce, coated in a creamy Italian garlic dressing. This was served with "greens & beans," which is a delicious mix of soft escarole, white beans, garlic, and sausage in butter and oil. It was almost heavenly. I drank a hearty Saranac amber beer with it, which complemented the meal reasonably well. Before dinner dad was good enough to finish filing down the vinyl pick-guard & it's now installed on my J-Bass, making it look like about the most bad-assed bass around. It'll be a total Funk-o-Saurus™ now if only I had enough bread to get it set-up well... I get some gawd-awful buzzing all over the neck unless I play it like a little school-girl.
After dinner I retired to dad's G4 and found my Long Island lass online, much to my delight. We had a nice, long virtual conversation, madly flirting most of the while. Apparently we won't be visiting anytime soon, which sucks. I was a little worried about it too, but only because I'm about broke & need to find a job & earn some money. Perhaps by the time I have some she'll be up for a visit or something. I hope we actually do this, because she's a fantastic girl, definitely a cool one. She's also a ridiculously sexy person. I don't mean physically, but from what she's alluded to, she's probably that too. I just mean personally, she's very alluring & sensual for me, but that's partly because she seems to think I'm the bee's knees. She calls me a "sex god." Me! I can scarcely believe it myself, so I don't fault you for laughing either. Oh, the things I'd like to do with this girl. And unlike the MCC vixens, she's not only incredibly attractive (yes, she did sent me a pic of her), but would make good relationship material. Part of me finds itself hoping that we hook up down the road, that we move off together when I go off to school. That's a weird sensation, let me tell you. Part of me feels like a god-damn kook for drooling over this internet girl (although we have talked on the phone a bunch too., so she's not 100% internet-imaginary anymore!), but the rest of me just lets it ride. We live in times where technology is firmly en-trenched in society & it's become a legitimate way for people to interact. It's making the world a smaller place, where people from all over can discover their similarities instead of their differences. I've been in contact with a young business-man from Pakistan since late last year, and we get along grand. Through the internet you can get to know a person before you've gotten an impression of them from their appearance. So what's wrong, perhaps, with a relationship being born online? I personally would like to actually meet this girl in the flesh (in more than the colloquial fashion too!) before I'd run away with her, but we've gotten to know one another decently, have become fond of one another, but we've done this in a fairly untraditional way. So what? If it ever happens (unfortunately distance makes it a substantial "if"), more power to us. Anyways.
What else is coming up? Yeah, it's the anniversary of September 11th. The ol' 9/11. I've been on an avoidance path for months now. At first I was stunned. Subsequenty came anger, and then it crashed down into sadness. Pretty typical course, emotionally. After I was finally hit by the wave of morose, I had to tune it out. These days I just kind of skim over news about it, and I can't really look at images from it for more than a second, it's too hard. Undoubtedly I'll have to confront this again in a few days, and I don't know how much I'm looking forward to it. One thing that'll be extra-eerie is the reduced air traffic on 9/11. It'll be all too reminicent of the dark and empty skies that followed that Tuesday and for five more days. This country hasn't seen the sky so devoid of aircraft, so returned to its natural state since the early part of last century, nearly a hundred years. It was very strange. [/rant]
I need to go to bed or something. I'll try to keep the updates rant & 9/11 free for another couple days if I can.
No comments:
Post a Comment