Filling out tax paperwork
and other assorted agreements at Hyatt was tedious, although it was mitigated by a couple of other new hires, who weren't too hard on the eyes. I ran into another server who I think worked at Gatherings... what a small group banquet servers are, you run into the same ones everywhere!I went in to school & found out that the fall musical is definitely on, which was in question for awhile... not enough talented guys auditioned at first. So I'll get my 3 credits for playing in the pit, which I now desperately need. Then I went to choir, which was even more tedious. The guys went down the hall to the theory room with the director, Mr. Fittipaldi (aka Fitt) & worked on "Make Our Garden Grow," by Bernstein, which is a kind of tough piece, but it's great. I remember singing it in high school, actually. First point: the tenors suck (not that this is unusual), and can't read rhythms, nor sing back rhythms which have been repeatedly played or sung by the teacher. Second point: one of the tenors in particular is a ham-fisted, knuckle-headed imbecile. He showed up almost 10 minutes late, forgot his music, and proceeded to fuck around & not pay attention, and put his head on the desk, then sang absolutely nothing right. Then, his cell phone rings, and... get this: he answers it. In fucking class. Fitt was actually getting pissed off and he's an extraordinarily restrained man. I hope I have even a fraction of the patience that guy has when I teach... I'd have thrown the arrogant little prick right out of class for that.
After school I loafed around the apartment & noodled around on my P-Bass a little. Since they didn't have we new hires on the schedule at Hyatt, and the banquet manager wasn't there, I couldn't find out if there's any work this weekend. Stenz is dying to get up to Old Forge for a couple days, so I decided to go along since there's been no word about this weekend from work. I need to pack tonight, since we want to hit the road by 3:00 tomorrow after-noon.
When is my fucking German bow getting here?
In addition to my face, I also had my head shorn. I took the clippers to my pate & mowed it down to 1/8" again... an interesting look with no facial hair what-so-ever.
okay, that's it for while kids. Since I'm off to the Adirondacks for a coupla days, I don't think I'll be posting much, unless Stenz brings his iBook & has some kinda dial-up thing. So I'll post again about the trip upon my return, or shortly there-after. I get back saturday but have band practice, so we shall see. Have fun without me!
No comments:
Post a Comment