Monday, September 23, 2002

Huzzah for a job!


Finally! I returned from my bike ride, which took me to citibank to deposit my begged money, and checked my voicemail to find.... a message from those bastards at Hyatt! The human resources lady at last saw fit to end my miserable suspense and extend the offer of employment as an on-call banquet server. I had virtually written them off, bewildered as to what could have barred me from employment there. I was beginning to suspect that Pinkerton had bad-mouthed me, and was already weighing plans to have their office in Gates razed. Along with the rest of Gates. So I go in to fill out paper-work wednesday morning, and I have one more glorious day to enjoy my beard.

I'm rejuvenated; between the bike ride & the knowledge that I won't die, broken and starving in the gutter (or have to move back in with my parents) I'm ready to climb Mount Everest, to wrestle a wild boar to the ground, to fight a horde of maurauding Huns, or to practice a little bass and piano.

No comments: