Wandering around Fredonia for a day
Yesterday TJ and I set out for the small village of Fredonia in search of a place to live this fall. We arrived in town just before 3:00 and made a B-line to the college to do some business there. TJ successfully got himself into the school (something I was concerned about!) through some wrangling with the Admissions office, and a very helpful counselor. I was able to dump tax paperwork off to the Financial Aid office too.
After this we went to (naturally) a bar and tried to devise a plan of attack over a beer. We got some recommendations from the bartender, and when we finished off our suds, we hit the road... on foot. We covered almost the entire village of Fredonia on foot, and it was hot, humid, and occasionally raining. The thick, moist air was impervious to my anti-perspirant, and I was stricken with an advanced case of swamp-ass. As we hiked around town from apartment to apartment on our housing list, we smoked and made our usual compliment of acidic comments about everything in sight. A sampling of our asshole comments is:
"I'm underwhelmed."
"Darwin's? I don't think the name Darwin has any place being used in this town."
"My feet are yelling at me."
"I think this is the get your ass kicked by townies street."
"Ridiculous... this whole town is smaller than New York's Little Italy."
"Maybe they should call this micro-Italy then."
"We really are assholes."
"Yup."
"I'm beat, let's go have more beer."
"We could do that."
I swear we said more funny stuff, but I can't remember... the heat sapped my brain.
We gorged ourselves on all-you-can-eat rigatoni at this Italian eatery, had a couple more beers and made for home.
Today is the follow-up, where I call several land-lords and try to find an available apartment, which is becoming a question mark...
4 comments:
You need the business.
Feel free to contact me about any of your business concerns ;o)
If you need any advice please email me!
Fredonia Townie Jennifer
Well hello Jen(nifer)! Good to hear from somebody I actually don't know. Thanks for the offer, and I'll drop you a line sometime!
Post a Comment