Denied a three-peat
Last night we were eliminated in the semi-final game 7-3 by the Red Wolves. It was a stinging defeat and we didn't play very well, as a team or as individuals in most cases. I had too much trouble with what turned out to be a very hot rink, and my strength evaporated by the second period, causing me to let in several soft goals. Several of us have decided to throw in the towel, and I'm not sure there are enough players to fill the roster for another season. Five of us are leaving, including Ben, myself, and our league-leading scorer, Jeff. I just can't play in that kind of heat, so I'll be working on my ice skating and acquiring the rest of the necessary gear to play club ice hockey at Fredonia this fall.It was a lack-luster ending to an average season, although there were improvements from the first two seasons among individuals, including myself. Until last night I hadn't played a truly weak game in a good two months. The final stats are as follows:
8-4-0, 24 pts., 78 goals for, 6.50 goals-for avg., 58 goals against, 4.83 goals-against avg.
Of the six teams, we were third in goals for, and 1st in goals-against, my GAA being the only one under 5.00 in the division.
I can't say that I'm not proud of the last three seasons with these guys.
And a hearty hats off to Heidi and Julia who came out to watch us sink our ship at the All Star Sports Arena... thanks girls!
2 comments:
I still think you should have kicked the living shit out of that little punk kid who clocked you in the head. Good times!
Boy was I ready to. I was a nipple hair away from blasting him in the face with my blocker hehe But really I'm a lover, not a fighter ;-) Except in hockey, perhaps.
Post a Comment