Dusting off old toys
I dragged my Weber Smokey Joe out of it's dust in the garage to take it for a spin. I think I got it while living down in Arizona and it's had a slight list to one side as some bastard little kid stood on it on my back porch. I could've killed that vile imp, but he made his escape too quickly. Too late for my poor grill though. So I'm going to dust it off and fire it up and see if I still have a decent portable char-coal grill.
The other good news is that I'm inheriting a full-sized Weber! My dad has ordered a new, supposedly better designed grill (I'd post a link, but I don't know and basically don't care what make it is), which is to arrive in about 4-5 weeks. Therefore I'm inheriting his trusty old grill, a 22 1/2" kettle grill. I'm quite ecstatic about this, naturally, as I was considering buying one of my own anyways. (though I'd have dished out the extra bread for the built-in ash-catcher) So now I'll save at least $100 and I can put that money into a couple of nice accessories like a lid holder and a rock maple work table, both of which attach to the side of the grill.
This also means that at the Fredonia apartment there will be dual grilling, as TJ inherited a full-sized gas grill, which he prefers for convenience. It'll be a yummy fall, methinks!
Huzzah for grilling!
No comments:
Post a Comment