Racing down the final furlong...
I spent the late afternoon at B-18 trying desperately to clean and sensibly pack the kitchen. After I had been working in a rather disorganized fashion for a couple hours, Heidi arrived to help me, complete with her shop-vac. Being of an organized mind, our progress at least doubled as she got down to brass-tacks. I realized she knew what she was doing and was undoubtedly better at packing and organizing than I, so I pretty much did what she told me to. And it worked out great... in the three-ish hours that I think we worked, complete with a good half-hour of cigarette break time, we put a huge dent in the place.
The kitchen is almost complete, my bedroom is complete, minus the crappy bed. Kirk's room has but a few kick-knacks for him to get out. The bathroom has only a couple things in it. The living room has the piano (to be removed this afternoon), and a couple/few carloads of boxes bound for here, Kirk's, or the VOA. After everything's out, we have to patch nail holes and other assorted minor wall damage, vacuum the floor again, and wash counters, walls, window-sills, etc. Tonight I'll enjoy my final evening of privacy in B-18, and tomorrow I'll toss out the bed, and turn in my keys and parking pass. Unless I come up with something good, I'll be spending the remainder of the summer living with mom and dad, which is acceptable, yet far from ideal.
It's tough to believe that in about 24 hours it'll be all over.
A hell of a two years it's been.
No comments:
Post a Comment