Sunday, June 06, 2004

Going out with a bang

In two and a half hours I'll be playing what could possibly my final one or two games with the Rebel Dawgs. Our first game, a semi-final against the Red Wolves, starts at 8:00, and if we win that the championship faceoff is scheduled for 9:00. Two nearly straight hours of gruelling playoff hockey. But I have a good feeling about tonight. I'm mostly well rested, mentally sharp, and it won't even be 70° outside when we play, so the rink won't be too hot. I'm making myself some rice pilaf now for my pre-game meal. I read a neat webpage on sports nutrition that informed me that a meal high in starch is ideal, since it's easily digested and steadies blood sugar levels, thus providing a stable source of energy. I'm going to start watering myself shortly too. Gear will be packed by 6:30, and I'll head out for the rink around 7:00, with a stop into weggies for a powerbar and two bottles of powerade.

I'm pretty certain we can take game 1, as the great playoff equalizer is goaltending, and their goalie isn't very good, or at least isn't very consistent. I however, possess the lowest goals-against average in our division. Game 2 I just don't know... far too many factors to hazard a guess, so I just hope we're not dead tired coming out of game 1 and we'll just have to do our best. This would be our third championship season in a row, and if I decide not to go for another season, it would be the perfect way to bow out on top.

Go Rebel Dawgs!

No comments: