Friday, June 11, 2004

Never before have so few accomplished so little...



I spent today doing not much of anything. I did, however, accomplish the minimum required of me while I house-sit for my parents. I watered the garden and grass seed in the front lawn, and several plants. I "fed the critters." (my parents throw feed out for the birds, squirrels and chipmunks and there's even a rabbit in the back of the yard... it's like a goddamn wildlife refuge out there!) I even warmed up, but did not practice much on my trombone.

I bought a twelve-pack of Yuengling lager and drank a few. I prepared and am cooking a dinner on our Weber char-coal grill. Heidi may stop by for a couple beers and a movie. Should be a great, relaxing summer day, all in all.

And now, for fun, the dinner recipie:

• two bone-less chicken breasts, liberally rubbed with kosher salt & Old Bay,
• one red potato, cut into large chunks and marinated in olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper, minced garlic, onion, and rosemary,

All ingredients grilled to perfection on the Weber. Served with a Yuengling. Yum.

And that's my day!

2 comments:

battlemaiden said...

I'd do just about anything for a beer. Heh.

Ryan said...

I'll take that under consideration lol