Friday, November 01, 2002

Stuff just seems to be coming apart at the seams. Particularly my bass!

Lately most things suck, especially financially. Just when I begin doing well for myself & moving towards a good goal, I get fucked. And without even being taken to dinner and a movie first. I won't whine & bitch about everything, because it's my business, and really... why the hell would anyone want to read about some poor slob going on about his shitty life? For any interested parties, we'll sum it up here:
• I'm fucking broke
• My student loan got declined
• I over-drafted my checking account & citibank blocked it till I give them $45, which I don't have
• There isn't enough work from the Hyatt to make any real money currently
• My car registration is up this month, and I can't re-register it till I pay $125 to the city for a parking ticket (and late fees), plus the registration fees, none of which I have.

How, or indeed if I pay December's rent is still very much uncertain. Same with car insurance. And to top it all off, I discovered that the top of my bass is separating at the seam along the upper shoulder. Fucking great. It's not something I can really just let go for now, so I hope it's a cheap repair. Then I should do something to combat the appalingly dry air in this place. Once the heat kicks on, it seems like every molecule of water is sucked out of here. Staying in the apartment for more than 12 hours may risk dessication.

What I intend to do about this recent trend of life handing me a series of shit-burgers, is to give life the finger and go up to Kirk's cabin for the weekend to re-charge. After I chill out & hit the reset button, I think I can start getting this mess straightened out. That's as far as the plan goes now... I need to relax & have a few beers far away from here in order to think clearly about it, as I'm way too frustrated & pissed off.

Whoops... guess I did whine and bitch about everything. Well tough shit. At least I haven't done it daily for the last 2 weeks.

Lastly, mother nature decided to give autumn a miss this year & plunged us straight into winter. There are winter weather statements and lake effect snow advisories up all over the area. It's about 35 out, with a light snow covering on cars and tree limbs. Out east of here they're supposed to get 6-10 inches, and upwards of a foot around Oswego & Fulton. Which is around where Kirk & I have to go to get up to the cabin, which is also in prime lake effect territory. There should be a good 3-6" on the ground around Watertown & Sacket's by the time we get there later tonight. Thankfully the NYSDOT should have lots of salt & plows out there, and I'm not worried about the Thruway much, nor I-81. Beyond that, we'll have to rely on Kirk's 4WD Toyota truck to see us through.

With that, I'm going to finish up some odds & ends, pack, do some laundry & I'll see you all when I return monday!

For added fun, courtesey of the National Weather Service:
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...LOWVILLE...WATERTOWN
340 PM EST FRI NOV 1 2002

.TONIGHT...SNOW LIKELY. UP TO 4 INCHES OF ACCUMULATION IS POSSIBLE.
LOWS IN THE MID 20S. WEST WINDS 10 TO 20 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 60
PERCENT.
.SATURDAY...SNOW AND SNOW SHOWERS LIKELY. ACCUMULATION 2 TO 4
INCHES. CONTINUED COLD WITH HIGHS NEAR 30. SOUTHWEST WINDS 10 TO 15
MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 60 PERCENT.

SATURDAY NIGHT...SNOW SHOWERS LIKELY...ENDING LATE IN THE EVENING.
CLOUDY FROM LATE EVENING ON. STORM TOTAL ACCUMULATION...6 TO 10
INCHES. LOWS IN THE LOWER 20S. WEST WINDS 15 MPH BECOMING NORTH.
CHANCE OF SNOW 60 PERCENT.

SUNDAY...CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SNOW SHOWERS THROUGH EARLY AFTERNOON.
CONTINUED COLD WITH HIGHS IN THE MID 30S. CHANCE OF SNOW 30 PERCENT.

No comments: