Another day slipped past me, and here I sit, ever so slightly closer to my inevitable oblivion.
With that merry thought, I'll say that today was a-ok. I think I may have passed a music hitory test, and I hung out with Tatiana for a chunk of the afternoon, exchanging sarcasm & stinging repatee. What more could a smart-ass like me ask for?I attended a meeting for this broadway revue that I'm stage managing for this spring at school. The director & the faculty advisor have established a nice adversarial relationship that's sure to make everyone feel at ease & help the show go smoothly. (that was an example of the afore-mentioned sarcasm) Larry (the theatre tech faculty) and I exchanged weary glances a couple times... we both know that no matter how successful this has the potential of being, it's not shaping up to be any fun. And to clarify something: it's not shaping up to be necessarily successful either. Wheee.
Band practice / recording was fun. We played some good tunes, and even played them well so that we got some good tracks on tape. Well, on disk really... Don has a hard-disk recorder.
I had a grand total of 3 dough-nuts & a slice of pizza today, until a few minutes ago. That was retarded, because I became ravenously hungry, and wolfed down 2 heaping plates of pasta mom made for me. I'm not altogether sure I even tasted it while shovelling it down my gullet. And now I'm waiting for my stomach to figure out there's actually food in it & tell my brain I can stop feeling hungry now.
Tomorrow's an evening run-through of the musical, with act I being at the elmwood ave. psycho center, and act II at the school theatre. I'll probably go in early to practice and/or exchange more clever witticisms with Tatiana if I run into her. Meanwhile, I was up half the night last night instant messenging & web-surfing, so I need to go to bed. I'm tired, and sore, and still very hungry, even though I just fucking ate.
No comments:
Post a Comment