Utica night, take two
Here we'll have a couple entries... one I started yesterday, but had to abandon when I went in to work, and the other this morning's update.
Okay, last night wasn't really as bad as I originally wrote. I was tired & cranky & glad to be home. Really it was a great time, except the drive home was a little tedious. I fueled myself with some old-fashioned dough-nuts and coffee from a thruway rest stop (there were a couple state pigs in there hanging out, imagine that!). Coffee & doughnuts absolutely made my night. We (South Central "we") played great, and put on a good show for the good patrons in the Central Leather-stocking region. There was an appreciative jamband audience there, and they dug our grooving. We did a quick strike of our equipment, and the headliner, Backwards Dog Project, loaded on & got started. They played a fantastic set too, and are a great bunch of guys. John's trying to get them into the area & book a show or two with them. One of their guys mentioned that they'd be interested in playing with ol' Jacoda too, so I'll give them a call/email if we book a show someplace where we can bring a band, and doubtless they'd return the favour. I also have to get one of our CDs out to them. The manager of the Electric Company (the bar) is a player out there too, a dude called Zee from Jomama and the Soultrane, who I heard this summer at a festival they put together. Nice guy too, and I'm going to get a press kit to him this week too.
We got free miller & utica club beer too... what a deal! [/sarcasm] Still, working within his means as the owner of a newly-opened club (only about a week now), Zee took good care of us, is booking good acts, and I get the feeling his club is going to really sail.
All in all, it was a great night & I'm glad I got to go play there. So don't listen to me bitch when I'm really tired & cranky.
No comments:
Post a Comment