Saturday, November 09, 2002

All work and no play.... till tonight

This'll be a quick update, but I promised I'd keep up with it! I've been working all damn week here. Thursday night I was invited to come in friday morning, which I immediately accepted. So I was in at about 10:30 yesterday & worked a maniacal 750 person lunch. There was hardly any room between the tables, as I predicted. And even worse, those shit-heeled hacks from Cordially Yours, an out-sourced catering company were there too. There were about 20 of those incompetant fuck-ups there getting in the way and/or being lazy. And one or more of them stole coffee pots & water pitchers from my station, making it substantially harder to do my job. We had about 20 minutes to clear salad plates, serve lunch & pour coffee to all 750 people before we had to get out of the room.

As we wrapped up around 2:30 I was asked to come in for dinner too, so I jumped on that. I caught a 3 hour nap & deposited my paycheck before the evening shift. And obviously, my plans for the RPO were shit-canned since I had to be at happy Hyatt. And subsequently it turns out that Tatiana was indeed interested in going to that concert. Since Kirk can get free tickets for any ol' show, I'll just take her some other time. How cool.

I have to hit the road & go to Utica for a gig with South Central. This, along with a short evening show at the House of Guitars next thursday, will conclude my services for John & Mark, as I just don't have the damn time. So the next post may be monday. I'll get in late, late, late tonight, if not tomorrow. Then I'm going to try to do some laundry tomorrow, since that got the kibosh today, and I have a 5:00 shift at Hyatt. The dreaded Greek wedding. We're anticipating the possibility of a brawl there, as something along those lines happened last week with this group. More details later, just keep y our fingers crossed for me that I don't wind up unemployed, with my ass kicked by large, drunken Greeks.

No comments: