Saturday, November 30, 2002

Nutcrackers, tooth-less clerks, and vacuuming



Another great day is behind me. Well, particularly the evening.

The day consisted of practicing upright for a little while, searching high & low for lunch, and vacuuming. Tatiana also called, ecstatic after her piano lesson. It had gone especially well, with her having really nailed a Mozart piece, and her teacher highly praising her playing. I was so damn happy for her, as I'd heard her struggling with this tune & I knew she could do it.

As far as the food goes, Kirk & I decided on the presumably simple task of going around the corner for lunch. After all, it was friday afternoon, every-place should have been open, right? Well, quite the opposite was the case, in reality. After intense searching & driving all over hell's half-acre, we found a little hutch on the corner of Park & Oxford open, and they sold pizza. Inside we discovered a swarthy collection of indolent, raffish slackers, clearly dis-interested in working on this day. The greasy one with the fewest teeth addressed Kirk, who ordered their four remaining slices of equally greasy pizza. After paying this filthy mongrel, we hastened from the deplorable establishment with pizza and probably in need of de-lousing.

Evening was much, much better. For starters, the lovely Tatiana came over, and damn if she didn't look fine as could be. We lounged around and waited for Kirk to arrive, unabashedly flirting... what fun! She played Ode to Joy on my P-Bass, and did a pretty decent job for hardly knowing her way around a bass. Hell, I can't play it, although I probably should be able to figure it out. Ideally, at least. Anyways, Kirk showed up and we went to the Eastman Theatre to see the Rochester Philharmonic Orchestra and the Rochester City Ballet do their best on The Nutcracker. It was a fine production... good dancing, great music, and a good technical production. Except when they flew in a dancer directly under an electric batten (a pipe with lighting fixtures hanging from it, for all you non-techies), thereby clearly illuminating the cable she was hooked up to. That bit wasn't all that impressive, frankly. After the show Kirk went back with Rebecca to her pad, allowing Tatiana & I to return to B-18 here for some extra-curricular activities, which is pretty much what we both wanted anyways, I suspect. She eventually had to hit the road & go back home, and it took forever for her to go, as neither of us particularly wanted her to leave. I'm sure it wouldn't kill me to spend alot of time with her. I could probably deal with it pretty well, in fact.

Although this thing with Tatiana has been developing over the course of a couple months or so now, it seems to have come out of nowhere too, in a way. I definitely wasn't expecting it... she was just another one of the myriad hot MCC girls around, only she was friendly, so I talked to her. Little did I know we'd have so much in common. Shows you how much I know... live & learn I guess. I'll refrain from revealing anymore since this ain't no diary, and she reads this. (don't you, Teriyaki? :op)

Tomorrow holds scads of activities in store, check it out:
• a thrifty and complete break-fast at Thos.' Restaurant in Irondequoit with Matt, who just graduated from Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Georgia,
• finishing up laundry and swapping cars (mine was at the garage for routine maintenance) at mom & dad's,
• Jacoda practice from around 2 pm on till we're done,
• deciding on entertainment for the evening, between a few good options,
• talking to my lady-friend for awhile at some point or another. As if the day would be complete without it or something.

No comments: