Thursday, November 28, 2002

Dinner and the couch

My day couldn't have been any better, I must say. Tatiana came by for dinner, as per invitation. I prepared a full dinner, more than either of us could eat, as it turned out. I prepared a fresh green salad, with a blend of iceburg & romaine lettuce, with the Marie's creamy Italian garlic dressing, seasoned croutons, black pepper, and grated Romano cheese. The entree consisted of USDA choice sirloin, which I seasoned with Chef Paul's Blackened Steak Magic, fresh-ground black pepper, and garlic, all of which was pressed into the meat. As it cooked in the grill-pan, I poured in some of the wine I bought for tonight, a 2000 Blackstone Merlot, from California. I bought a bag of Russet potatoes also, and cut them into large wedges, which I marinated in olive oil, garlic (notice a theme developing here?), some Italian seasoning, and pepper. I then roasted the potatoes at 350 degrees in the oven while "grilling" the steaks. After the steaks were done, I added more merlot, Worcestershire sauce, yet more garlic, but only a touch, and I let this simmer & reduce to a thicker, more concentrated sauce. Upon serving, I poured the thickened beef sauce over the steaks, and served the dishes with the Blackstone merlot, which complimented the meal, especially the beef, perfectly. Neither Tatiana or I could finish the meal... I really outdid myself tonight, once again pleasing her with my culinary skills.

After dinner we curled up on the couch in the candle-light & listened to music. I think it's safe to say she's somewhat interested in me now (not to suggest this is a total shock or anything)... I could elaborate on that a little, but this is a family blog, and I'll spare you the lurid details. Suffice to say it was a very pleasing evening with her.

I'd gladly write more, but I'm all tired out from my long, eventful day (not to mention my eventful evening!). I'll add some more tomorrow. I'm spending the day at the folks' for Thanks-giving, and I'll probably write some more from there.

No comments: