Friday, November 08, 2002

Patch-work ramblings

Man have I been negligent. I guess there's not too much to write about. All this financial strain has me down in the dumps, and I figure that if I don't have anything nice to say, I shouldn't say anything at all. But I probably ought to make myself reflect on a li'l something every couple days. What's the goddamn point of having a web-journal if I won't write in the son-of-a-bitch, right?

Today was bright point in recent times. I went to school, did very well on my piano playing quiz thing, and somewhat diligently practiced upright. I had a 2:30 meeting with Fitt for advisement, and that went well too. Then, as I was about to go, I popped into Mr. Shaw's office, only to find Tatiana and Ella gabbing away with him. Tatiana suggested I stick around for pizza, as she ordered one for some reason or another. I even accompanied her to get said pizza. A bunch of us music geeks sat in the hall in front of the lab (at a table they set up, no less!) eating the pizza. It was fun, except for this kid named Cam, who's nice enough, but attempts to tell jokes & stories constantly, and the humour is forced & rather unamusing. Still, he's basically a decent kid.

I then came home, dropped off Holiday & got the ol' monkey suit on. When I got into Happy Hyatt, I discovered I was supposed to be in at 3:00 not 5:00. Oops. It didn't much matter anyways. It was an easy event, but then we had to stick around for over an hour getting ready for friday's debacle. It's a 750-person lunch, and should be a regular cluster-fuck. There'll be barely enough room to manoeuver between tables, and it'll probably be as inconvenient as possibly conceivable. I'll live though, knowing that I'm packing away $10 an hour for my services.

Kirk's headed to Manhattan in the morning, and has asked me several times to go to Rebecker's performance, saying it's important. He can get me free tix, but I don't tend to enjoy doing stuff alone... it's kinda isolated & not-too-fun. Since I was returning an email, I inquired of Tatiana as to if she'd be interested in going. If I can find somebody to drag along I'll go check it out. If not, I believe I'll just hang out here in ol' B-18. Wheee... what a fun friday night that'd be! [/sarcasm]

Ok... just giving a diary-like update. Nothing too heavy to write about. I'm kinda nervous about the GOP winning control over the House & Senate... I'm not sure I trust these fuckers with my life, but the American people have sort of spoken (as much as our farcical electoral process allows for it at any rate...). And I've nabbed a intro to Aristotle book from Kirk's voluminious book-shelf. I've read a bunch about him, but I'm in the mood to check out the man's words (or translated words) for myself. This'll likely provide tinder for future posts. And Ayn Rand's "Philosophy: who needs it?" as well... looks to be a damn fine book as well. I'll let ya know.

Anyways, I'm trying to make myself take care of business & not allow myself to fall into some kinda deep blue funk, so I'll be trying to post more often, so I can get stuff off my chest here. So it's ok to check back semi-regularly again. Yeah.

No comments: