Sunday, November 10, 2002

Made it home alive somehow

I just have to report that I just arrived home from the Electric Company, at 700 Varick St., Utica NY. I left the joint at 2:45 am, and Just finished loading my shit back into B-18 a few minutes ago. I made this 136 mile drive in a state of utter exhaustion, possibly about half asleep at various points in the journey. Only the unflagging, primal desire to sleep in my own bed fueled this super-human feat.

Just for anyone who has any delusions of rock n' roll stardom and life on the road: note that this is how it all begins... busting your ass for chump change. I made $65, arguably risked my life by driving half asleep, and generally look & feel like 10 pounds of shit in a five pound bag. Not to say I didn't have fun playing, and I intend to book Jacoda there as soon as I can too, but it's worth noting that this is quite unglamorous. And despite being in one of the bands playing there, I managed to garner utterly no interest from any of the chicks in the bar either. (Then again, I am only the bassist) Hmm, let me review...
• short bread (not much money, for you un-hip, non-musicians out there)
• no chicks
• coulda killed myself driving home
• feel like refried shit
• will probably waste half of tomorrow sleeping, accomplishing nothing

Glad I don't plan on doing this kinda stuff too often.

Anyways, I'm going to go collapse on my bed and fall into a coma for as long as I can. I envisioned typing a sentence or two, but I guess I ramble when I'm tired. More when I get up.

No comments: