Saturday, November 02, 2002

Myriad random thoughts & digressions

So the cabin trip has been delayed till tomorrow morning now. Kirk had an evening appointment, and I was caught up trying to find someone to fix my poor bass, so I didn't get to mom & dad's to do laundry & the like till after 6:00. Since roads be slick, we agreed to travel during the day.

The bass will be ok... I called Paul Strelau about the matter, who does repair-work and actually sold the bass to her original owner. As I suspected, it's no major emergency, although needs to be addressed as soon as possible. I'm taking her to Paul monday morning, and he indicated it's a $20 repair... nice. We'll discuss some humidification solutions then too.

Some nice things that have happened lately, which could almost make me believe there's some sort of universal form of justice:
That tool from work, who thinks he knows everything (which pisses almost everyone else off too, as it turns out) tends to carry trays & stuff with just his beefy arm, not using his shoulder. Well, one day he lost a whole rack of coffee cups, shattered on the floor. It created a deafening racket, ensuring that it couldn't possibly go un-noticed, and that everyone would know who did it. This amused me (and several other co-workers) to no end. Serves him right, the prick.
Also, I got an instant message a week or so ago from the current beau of my ex (neither of whom I bear ill will towards, for the record). He confided to me that he and she are on the outs, and he was getting the same cold shoulder & brush off that I got before my imminent off-loading by her. At that time I went to him, as he was her confidant... she kept most stuff from me, but bared her soul to him. Now he's coming to me for advice & "what does it mean?" stuff because, well, I have experience getting dumped by her. It's kinda sad to see, but the irony is almost over-whelming.

Well, I just got finished wolfing down some jambalaya with chicken and andouille sausage with Kirk, and I'm getting a wee tired. He split for Rebecker's for the night & we're leaving early tomorrow for Sacket's. For real this time. So I think I'll settle in for some reading & sleep, and some well-deserved R&R. We'll catch up next week.

No comments: