Another milestone
Hats off to all of you (or more accurately, "you few") who regularly check out my blog, for whatever reasons that you do. We've hit the 400 hit mark with the counter. I hope that it's been entertaining so far. I make it occasionally reflective, maybe even thought-provoking sometimes. I figure I should even consider spouting off on events that I have an opinion or three on, so perhaps I'll write down a few more rants now & then. After all, it'd be fun to look back on this down the road & see what the issues of the day were. We're all creating history every day, after all. Maybe not much of it will be recorded history that they teach in classes to future generations, although we're going to see alot of that from current events too. But, having studied history a bit, I've found that the real history is not just extraordinary events being championed by extraordinary people. It's mostly what happened to real, ordinary people in real, ordinary places. Making that connection with people in our past who shaped our today is what history is about, and every little tidbit counts.So I give you all a nice pat on the back, and a thank you for peering into my mundane existence. And I hope my flippant writing style has proven to be more amusing than not, and my pensive writing to be more thought-provoking than not.
On with the show...
No comments:
Post a Comment