Sunday, November 17, 2002

Perhaps I am masochistic...

Yes, it's 5:00 am. I just got home. I have to be to work at 7:30. I am an idiot. A bunch of we Hyatt folk went to Acme's after our shift, which ended a little after 1:00. Then we went to Kevin's (one of the barternders) apartment. Why I do this to myself, I just don't know. Anyway, it was a good event, and easy. There was a ridiculously good band there, and I bar-backed again, and made almost $30 in tips... not too shabby, eh? I'm beginning to like this shit. For diner, however, my partner was a girl, Theresa, and not a muscle-bound man, so my silly self couldn't let her carry everything herself, even though she's an experienced server & was quite capable of it. So I had a couple instances of discomfort and/or pain while lifting & carrying trays of dinners & dirty dishes tonight. But I didn't carry too much, and I didn't re-injure myself. And, since it was a wedding, there was all kinds of decorative stuff left over, and I managed to abscond with something for someone, but that's really all I'm at liberty to say now.

I have to get up in about 2 hours, so I'm going to wrap this up here. I must re-iterate my idiocy. I'm a moron, and will probably be loathing life tomorrow, and will likely resent the fuckers I have to serve break-fast to. If there's any blessing, it's that it'll be a buffet, which are blissfully easy to work. You mostly just stand there, or clear dirty dishes. And I'm sure there'll be enough food for us too (which is more than I can say for tonight... I didn't get any of the god-damned dinners!), which is also a neat bonus.

Enough of my incessant blather... off to bed with me!

A post-script: A couple nice typos in there, eh? You'd think I'd been drinking tonight or something...

No comments: