Saturday, October 26, 2002

Where's Ryan?

I've been having computer woes lately, and I won't saddle any of you with the grizzly details. Suffice to say I hope to have one of my two Macs operating well and able to connect to the internet by tomorrow night, as I'm having a computer techie friend over.

It's still been ridiculously busy lately, and I'm enjoying an unusually non-busy weekend for a change. I still have stuff to do, but I don't really feel like doing much of it. On the docket for today are:
- practicing the upright
- learning more of the musical on electric
- practicing piano pieces due next week
- making more progress on my room & the Incredible Dust Situation here in the apartment. Ol' B-18 has dust-balls the size of tumbleweed floating around.
- band practice

I went to Rebecca's last night at the invitation of she & Kirk for a li'l fete, and I must say it was a good time. A few of Rebecker's co-workers in the RPO were there, and they were alot of fun to hang with. There was a varied selection of foods, including a fantastic gumbo, and some good wines. An oboeist there owns one of the new Cooper Minis, and took each of us for a spin in turn. An excellent car, with a host of advanced gadgets, although it is rather... well, mini. I had the pleasure of meeting an exceptional lady there by the name of Meg, who is a pianist, and was with a local band called Kill My Soul On Monday, or something unusual like that. I was rather taken with her, and I could swear we exchanged lingering looks a few times, although I could certainly be delusional. Apparently she claims she's never had a pisces involved in her life in any significant way, so perhaps her curiosity & my irresistable charm will cross our paths again soon... we shall see. It was definitely much different hanging with this sort of crowd than the circles I usually run in. A nice change of pace, and the sort of people I'd like to be able to be able to hang with occasionally as I enter my 30s.

No comments: