Monday, October 07, 2002

I'm busier than a cat burying shit

I can't remember the last time I was this busy... it's crazy. Last night wasn't the nightmare I thought it would be.... the kosher event was well-organized & went off very smoothly. It ended nice & early & I got out a little before 10:00... nice. Went down to Acme with Kirk & Zapf for a slice & a couple drinks.

At some point I have to get to mom & dad's for laundry & to hook a bar of soap, since I'm out and pretty broke till the weekend when the first check comes in. I have no idea what I'll do about deodorant though.

More computer woes... the Linux router we have here to split the cable modem to our computers finally shit the bed last night, so only 1 computer here can be online at a time. I thought I was going to have to get a computer techie friend to build me a new one, but a different friend (also a computer guy) pointed me towards Linksys routers... small and only about $80 with a 4 port ether-net switch/hub built in. Cool. If I wanted to dump $130 into one it could be wireless too.

Well, there's another fun-filled banquet event tonight, and I need to go put my now-filthy monkey suit on & get in there. Guess I ought to drop the damn uniform off with house-keeping & get it dry-cleaned after my shift. Yeah, that would be good, since there's stains & encrusted food all over it. And until I get the issued pants hemmed wednesday, I have to use my good Lands End pants too, which blows. At least it should be an early night tonight.. can't imagine having to be there past 10. We shall see.

No comments: