The only redeeming quality about today is that it's over
What a day. I went to bed too damn late last night, and only got about 3 hours' sleep. I got up late, missed piano, thereby blowing my chance to make up tuesday's playing quiz. Not the end of the world, but irritating none-the-less. I walked around merely tired for a couple hours, but then my damn nose got all stuffed up, and I popped an allergy pill. I was fine till about halfway through music history, when I got hit like a speeding frigate by a wave of fatigue... I could barely stay awake for the final 25 minutes of class.Afterwards I had to go to Hyatt to get my uniform. After finding no-one in house-keeping, I wandered around aimlessly in a stupor, looking for the banquet area, and wound up taking an elevator ride. Finally I went back to HR to see if they could find anybody in house-keeping to give me a god-damn uniform. I guess they were hiding in there, as I was directed back there and found people. I was given part of a uniform and some instructions which I probably won't remember about their dry-cleaning service. I wound up having to go to the folks' house to get my old banquet suit anyways, since I had little time to get their pants hemmed, and the guy could only give me a 15 1/2" neck shirt, which would fucking choke me. And of course they forgot to give me a tie, but I forgot to ask too. Whatever.
Rent's due in 2 days and I have an incredible $25 to my name, tops. I told mom & dad I may have to ask them to pay this month's rent for me, which they understandably didn't seem too keen on. I'll futilely check with MCC financial aid & see if my loan will go through & be disbursed before saturday, but I know damn well it won't. For once I actually don't want to borrow money from the folks, but it looks like I have little choice.
I got some non-drowsy decongestant that seems to almost work from home, and I have a work shift at 6:00 am... a mere 6 1/2 hours from now, so some sleep might be in order. I'll be another big caffeine day, it looks like. But at least I have a friday night off... I wonder if I'll actually do anything with it though. Just as long as it's better than today was, I'll be satisfied. To quote another dude's journal, "no matter how hard I tried, I just couldn't put lipstick on this pig of a day."
I leave you with this final tidbit, courtsey of CNN, which provided me with a really good laugh. Too bad it's not going to happen, because it sounds like a damn fine idea to me!
White House rejects Bush-Saddam duel offer
No comments:
Post a Comment