Isn't it supposed to be fall around here...?
I seem to have this strange impression that it's autumn, and that with autumn comes cool, crisp days and chilly nights, perfect for gathering 'round the fire with a cup of mulled cider. But instead, it's hot & shitty today, almost 80 degrees, with high humidity & dew point. This results in my apartment turning into a sweat-box. Even though I have three two-way window fans in different rooms, other windows open, and at one point the door too, no air seems to circulate in or through this place. Simply practicing my upright is causing me to sweat profusely. Sure, it's almost an athletic pursuit, but I could do without the added challenge of the heat.Kirk made a rare appearance today and stated that he's been spending all his time at Rebecca's (or Rebecker, as she's called in our circle), and that he's been pretty wrapped up with her (really??). I guess they've been mentioning some serious issues, of which he didn't elaborate on, but you could probably guess what they relate to. Anyways, RPO performance season's kicking into gear and she needs to practice more and play all over, so I guess they're going to utilize this as a little down-time to pursue their individual interests & to not rush it. I'm all for it, since I could do without my room-mate getting himself married off in the middle of the damn lease. What this boils down to is that he'll be around more often, so I'll lose my absolute privacy, and I now have a concrete reason & timeline to get this pig-sty cleaned up by.
Another odd thing has happened today... I've practiced more and enjoyed it. I still sound like refried shit, but it's inspiring that I sound significantly less like refried shit than only a few days ago. I love rapid progress... nothing makes you want to play more. I had a feeling that the german bow would help my playing, and it's been a quick improvement over the frenchy style bow. This only helps prove my point about french things. Anyways, I'm off to scrape some strings some more. Then I ought to finish off the kitchen & living room, as there's a possibility my saucy friend Jennie might stop by sometime later, and it'd be somewhat embarassing to have this place swimming in clutter & refuse.
No comments:
Post a Comment