It was fun while it lasted, at least.
The high-tide of my interaction with women was imaginary apparently (and keep the "we could've told you so" remarks to your-self!). Now, I wasn't really expecting an email from cappuccino girl, but then Michelle bailed on me last night, but that's ok, cause I got out of work at 12:30, and only wanted to go drink. So TJ & I went to the Dr.'s Inn and threw back a few pints, which was great. But this morning Kirk was on the phone with one of his legion of women and when the phone rang about 10:30 this morning, I didn't hear it, or he was possibly using it. Anyways, Julie called and left me a message bailing on me for the billionth time, saying she was too busy. Aren't we only talking about meeting here? Like maybe just for a quick cup of coffee? I've become tired of this, so I think Julie shall have to to written off. I'll think it over. So we're back down to zero women, like usual. Fool-hardy of me to think otherwise, really.In other news, I can't believe I'm on my computer right now... it's giving me big piles of shit, and having major disk errors... looks like the hard disk or something inside's hosed. And the 8600 won't find the cable modem, so I'm a stone's throw from having no properly working computer. Great.
The good news is that I ran into Walt, an old buddy from high school in Irondequoit at the bar last night. I grabbed his number so we can grab a drink or three sometime. Groovy.
I have work tonight... 4:00 till sometime after 1:00 am. Another god-damned wedding that'll go till all hours. At least I have a few days off to give myself & my aching wrists a rest.
And lastly, the NWS is predicting widespread frost tonight, shutting down the growing season... and allergy season! Huzzah for that! This week brings highs in the low 50s and lows in the mid 30s, and by week's end I should be able to breathe freely through my nose, my sinuses should at last clear. About fucking time.
No comments:
Post a Comment