Friday, October 11, 2002

Is no news good news?

"Same as it ever was," as David Byrne once sang. The past week has been one long ostinato of work, allergies and sleep deprivation. Nothing of merit has really happened, but I thought it'd be nice of me to do an update anyway.

My old band-mate John called and asked me to sub for the injured bassist in South Central. The gigs are next week, one at a nice local club, the Montage Grille. I immediately accepted, but upon looking in my book after the call, I found that I'm going to see Rush that night. Crap on rye. It always works this way. So I had to call & bail on him with appropriate apologies. You win some, you lose some. If it's still good, I should be subbing a gig next friday night out Jamestown way for $100. But then I have to drive home, drop my shit off & go to work for a breakfast and lunch functions. Ouch, babe. The things we do for love, eh?

Dad gave me more of his Allegra pills, as my allergies got entirely out-of-hand wednesday. I've been to Hell, and it's always allergy season there. Let's hope it works, or my nose will fall off before this god-damn season is over. And let's hope for some fucking cool fall weather, and a killing frost. And while we're wishing, I hope the Bruins make it out of the first round of the playoffs.

No comments: