Monday, August 30, 2004

Discoveries in the basement

In a new, adventurous twist of adventure, TJ and I discovered a washer and dryer in the dank basement of our Fredonia apartment. We had gone down there to check the hot water heater (and because the basement door from our apartment was left unlocked), as it had been behaving more like a luke-warm, or tepid water heater. I've taken my last three showers with the hot water tap on full and the cold water tap closed. Not so hot, really. TJ adjusted the knob on the heater from "hot" to "very hot" in hopes that would make it normal. While down there we discovered in the dust, cob-webs and vast collection of our land-lord's belongings, a washer and dryer, with the washer hooked up to our hot water tank. Not too shabby. If ever we need to do emergency laundry, there will not likely be any more trips to the laundromat downtown; we've got our own shit now.

Aside from that, it seems to be a gray, dreary, cold day, soaked with a chilly drizzle. Not much for lifting one's spirits I've discovered. Thankfully, it appears to improve tomorrow, at least as far as sunshine is concerned, if not for temperatures.


2 comments:

battlemaiden said...

I thought that was down there!

Julia said...

Sweetness! We have a guy coming out to look at our dryer next Monday I guess since Matt's not exactly handy in the dryer-fixing department. Until then I think I'm going to drop off our our stuff at the local landromat so THEY can wash and fold it! Ahh.... sheer laziness.. but it's SO worth not having to sit for hours with endless quarters, watching underwear tumble round and round.