Dick Nixed It - Is this why Bush's intelligence-czar plan is so half-hearted? By Fred Kaplan
This Article suggests that Cheney gutted the national intelligence director proposed by the 9/11 Commission for *gasp* political reasons. He apparently did so to a similar proposal in 1992 (while secretary of defense for Bush Sr.) because it would've reduced his scope of power and control in the DoD. This article suggests that he's influencing Junior to do the same, in order to protect his buddy Rumsfeld, who's now in Cheney's former position. Sounds plausible. Sounds like what those Machiavellian GOP fuckers would do. Screw the 9/11 Commission's suggestions. Screw the interests of the public. Let's just look out after our own asses. It's obviously far more important to maintain one's seat of power and influence than to protect the citizens one is representing.
I wish that sneaky, lying old bastard would just drop dead.
I hope I don't get sent to Gitmo for writing that!
Sunday, August 08, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment