Monday, August 23, 2004

First day a success!

I've had a busy couple of days, and I'm utterly exhausted, so this won't be an exhaustive post. Just an update. I made it here ok, and did well in my placement tests yesterday, testing out of the first semester of both voice and piano class. I went out on the town last night and had a few too many beers, and that'll be enough of that for awhile, since today's been a struggle at times.

I had an audition this morning at 11:30 to determine which band I'm playing in, and that felt as though it went terribly. I butchered the pieces and was so goddamn nervous that I was shaking. I was totally ridden with stark fear. It was awful. However, it's over and I'll post the results as soon as I know them. Well, I'll post them tomorrow sometime.

At 5:30 tonight there's a pizza party for the trombone/euphonium studio, and although I'm dead tired I'm looking forward to meeting my fellow low brassers.

Thanks to Heidi for her words and thoughts of me while I kick-start my time at Fred State. You're the best!

Other than that, I'm just looking forward to this weekend and getting back home. I miss people there fiercely.


2 comments:

battlemaiden said...

Just remember...everyone else is in the same boat as you. And it was only your first day. Cut yourself a break. Moving is stressful enough at is it is. Oh, and what Matt said...:)

Everything will be fine!

Ryan said...

I know it will, thanks for your thoughts. You guys are the best! :o)