Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Results of the audition, etc

Today I bought nearly $400 worth of goddamn books. All I can say is "holy shit." They're heavy too. And there's lots of them.

Also, the results of yesterday's terrifying audition are in. I'm in All-College Band, which is the lowest level band, and requires no audition for most. I did not do a good job, and now I get to eat the shit-burger of being among the select worst in the studio. Go me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I made first chair/principal, which would almost make me feel better. Except that it would actually mean that I'm the best of the worst.

I know I sound pretty tough on myself, but take to heart that I don't find my performance acceptable, and that I will sure as shit not be in All-College Band next fall. You can bet your ass on that. In a competitive atmosphere like this (even if it's friendly among the 'bones) I won't settle for mediocrity. I will be in the top half of ability in my studio, period.

I still miss person(s) back home... you know who you are!


1 comment:

Julia said...

Hey.. not related. but check out GEO180 for a class... don't know if you took something like it already, but it seems like it would be interesting. :-)