What a day yesterday was. I got a call mid-day indicating that a 24' U-Haul truck was available, but I didn't go to pick it up for another 3-ish hours. By then it was gone... another truck had broken down and my truck was given to someone farther up the list than me. Goddammit. So I came home and called the reservation center and asked them what I could do about it. The woman I talked to apologized profusely and said she'd put my reservation on everyone's monitor so I'd have first priority this morning when a truck did come in. And Lo, my dad woke me up around 7:30 to tell me U-Haul called; a 24' truck was available in Victor, so we left almost immediately to get it. So here we are, about when I originally planned to be at TJ's, with an empty truck in the driveway. But at least I have the truck, so it's all good. This only puts us a few hours behind schedule and we can still get the move done today as planned. The moving crew consists of myself, Heidi, TJ, and John. I'll fill in the details tomorrow when we return. Any pictures of the moving will be duly posted!
Tuesday, August 17, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment