Got a call from the Fredonia land-lord this morning, verifying the current tenants' move out date as Sunday, Augusts 15th. So TJ and I will probably arrive there with our moving truck on the next day, Monday the 16th. Rod, said land-lord, indicated he'd be there to help with the moving, and to remove whatever of his furnishings that we don't need. We'll keep the rugs, a futon if he's got one, and any desks he has there. Otherwise, we're furnishing the place with our own shit.
It's hard to believe that the end of summer is right on top of me here. If we definitely go with the Aug. 16th move-in day, that leaves me with 6 days left here. And I'm not even really packed. Crap on rye. I was thinking two weeks the other day, and then I realized that we're probably moving next monday. Christ, where does the time go? I really don't want to move. I mean, I'm excited to get my degree, and it'll be a great experience which will change me for the better, but Fredonia ain't Rochester, and most of my friends are here. Thankfully Matt and Julia live about 40 minutes away from Fred, I've got friends in Buffalo, and I'm sure various Rochesterians will drop in and visit TJ and I while we're away. Since we'll both be coming back here for lots of weekends, college breaks, and summer, I don't view it as a permanant move. But I'll still be gone more days than not from September through May.
I'll leave a disorganized, somewhat indolent perennial student, and emerge from Fredonia a well-trained musician and teacher. It will surely be transformative.
Tuesday, August 10, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment