Victory is mine!
The Rebel Dawgs rallied from a 5-2 deficit to win 6-5 tonight! The so-called "New 'C' Team" put up a hell of struggle, but I kept them to only about 2 goals a period, and they must have taken upwards of 50 shots on me. In the last five minutes of the third period our guys found the groove as the opposition ran out of steam, and we came from behind to score 4 goals in under 10 minutes in the 3rd. It was mostly our leading scorer, Jeff Chopan, who had to sober up from a drunken picnic he'd gone to earlier in the day. He actually admitted to seeing two pucks during parts of the game... ridiculous. It was a comeback that we haven't seen the likes of since the first season (when we came from behind to win every game). It was a great victory and there was no fighting and almost no rough stuff... mostly a clean game, which I wasn't necessarily anticipating.Post game revelries were at Six Pockets as per usual, and there was actually a fight there tonight too. Some drunken jackass took on a guy from the Cheap Skates, replete with ripping his shirt off before charging after the guy. One of our guys is an EMT and knows his pressure points, so he pinched the guys shoulders & put a knee in his pack and peeled him off of the Cheap Skates dude... fight concluded. People are stupid.
Except for the feisty little blonde who seemed to think I was all that and a bag o' chips just because I'm a goalie. But who's complaining? She was a hot little thing and I didn't mind the attention. Apparently this Michelle character will be there next week, so we'll see if this was just dust in the wind or what. I talked/flirted with her a little bit right before I left and she seemed to be watching me on my way out.... fascinating. Fun. Unless she's psycho. And she's female, so odds are good.
Do I sound jaded or something?
No comments:
Post a Comment