Sunday, May 16, 2004

All I wanted was a goddamn breakfast burrito!

For some reason the tortillas were all crappy & cracked and fell apart when I tried to wrap them. Fuckers. Don't mess with my break-fast, I tell you! So I threw both tortillas into the sink, disgusted, and ate my egg, potato and green pepper fillings by themselves.

Progress was made in The Great Evacuation of 2004 yesterday, but there is still some furniture, several boxes, and a bit of packing and cleaning left to do. Full expatriation of B-18 won't take place for me until late June. But Kirk tells me that Corper Associates (formerly known as Doncor) has already rented our unit, so we must fully decamp and concede our domicile by 1 July. A single 14' U-Haul was rented for the purpose of exfiltration yesterday, but it didn't arrive until slightly after 1200 hrs, so we were behind schedule as it was. I have the end of school to contend with this week, so no further egress can be accomplished this coming week, but I expect to continue preparations for full and complete withdrawal after next week-end. I want to say that we've held our ground through thick and thin for over two years now, and I'm not fond of quitting B-18, but I do so for the good of God and Country, and wish the world to know that we retire from our occupancy with our shoulders broad and our chins up. Such an orderly retirement has not been seen since Dunkirk; let it be known that the enemy never saw our backs.

~Lt.Col. RP Griffith, XO 1st Battalion, "O'Rorke's Rangers"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.