I'm in the home stretch
MCC will be all over May 21, in three short weeks. Naturally, things are getting busier and busier for me. I got over a dozen bass and trombone charts this week for the Rock & Roll Dinner this friday, the 7th. I was given just over half of the 25 songs on bass, and it's not inconceivable that'll I'll be thrown more later next week if the other bassist (who can't read worth a damn) can't demonstrate a modicum of competance. TJ told me that if the guy can't play his shit by later in the week, he's going to have a come-to-Jesus meeting with Mr. Fitt about the situation, as he has no desire to sound bad because of a hack of a bass player who can't play his parts. Who knows how it'll go down.I have the Avon Symphony concert this sunday afternoon, and then onward to the hockey game.
I got a invitation to the MCC awards banquet, which means I've been given the Donald Cook scholarship again this year, which I consider an honor. Not too shabby. I'm looking forward to see who else get the scholarship, and I'm sure there'll be an effort to get as many of the recipients as possible to go to the banquet so we have a good music area turn-out.
The last choir and jazz band concerts are also in a little over a week, and I have to either learn a solo for my recital or cancel it. There's also the music dept. picnic to plan too, which is after classes on the 21st. And commencement, which I won't be attending, but TJ and I, and probably Tatiana, will be pre-gaming at the Dinosaur BBQ, where Shaw and the music area grads gather for food and drink after the ceremonies.
Busy busy busy. But in three weeks my tenure at MCC will finally be finished, which is a very, very strange sensation. I'm looking forward to moving on, but I've been involved with that department for five years, beginning in 1998. It's been a long, winding journey, and it's hard to believe that it's actually almost over.
No comments:
Post a Comment