I love it when things actually go my way
The thing I intend to tell you about here is potential employment. It's a new job, but not really a new employer. I found out yesterday afternoon about a bar position available at the happy Hyatt, and I promptly jumped on it, calling the HR office to ask how I get it. I was told that it's simply a matter of going to fill out a transfer authorization form and convincing my manager to sign it. Not too hard, you'd think. The trick is to get my unpredictable and moody manager to sign it, releasing me from my banquet department duties, and this is what I don't know if I can accomplish. Since I didn't see any postings on Hyatt's website for banquet servers needed, I can assume that under-staffing won't hold me back.I don't want to over-analyze it, I'm just going to bike over there after this update and get it done. I have no idea how I'll cajole my boss into signing me over to the restaurant/bar... I'll have to play it by ear.
So off I go... wish me luck, dammit!
2 comments:
Luck is for the ill-prepared. *winks*
Being written up for lateness about five times could potentially cont for being ill-prepared. But asie from that, I'd make a damn fine bartender! :-)
Post a Comment