Sunday, May 23, 2004

Damn that rink!

The Rebel Dawg's game tonight has been cancelled, as our opposition, the ineffective Warriors forfeited the game to us. I don't know why, I got a non-specific voicemail informing me. So we get a first round bye, effectively. I called the rink and talked to the moron there about when our next game(s). Apparently they've scheduled all the remaining games between 7 and 9PM on June 6th. So we have double-header playoff games. Back to back, as I was told that our first game would be at 8:00 against the Red Wolves, sure to be a tough game. If we win that, we advance to the finals at 9:00. No time off between games. Isn't that swell of them? Assholes. They couldn't run a bath. Ben and I agree we're less than likely to sign up for another season. We're just so tired of the lousy management. And frankly the team's plateaued, we've achieved mediocrity this season, and if there's no real effort to improve, I'd rather not spend the $140. So June 6th may bring the Rebel Dawg's final championship title. Or at least we all hope it will!

No comments: