A Fresh, New Look
What a pleasant surprise I got when I went to check out Julia's blog and I saw a whole new template, complete with new Blogger features! Blogger.com finally rivals Livejournal. There are finally built-in comments, loads of new templates, blogger profiles, and there may be the ability to post a picture or two. Not too shabby. So I selected a purty new template, and enabled blogger's comments. This means that all the enetation comments of yester-year are now history, but I regard it as an acceptable loss. I hope to have alot more interesting links up and running soon, probably after MCC is out.Speaking of MCC, we're in the final count-down. I have 6 more days of classes left there, hopefully ever. May 21st marks the final day of classes, and I have no finals. After 3:00 PM on Friday the 21st, there's the SMA picnic, and commencement (with the requisite drinking at the Dinosaur BBQ afterwards!), and that's it for good. I imagine it'll really hit me monday. Crazy times. Next thing you know I'll be saying goodbye to Rochester as a home, possibly for good, and shipping off to Fredonia. I can't put it into words, but it's a great time.
Except for not paying that ticket and getting my driver's license suspended. And except for getting preposterously inebriated monday night with the hockey team and losing my goddamn wallet. I hope to get it back from the worthless night-club I think I dropped it in.
As a final, rather somber note, I for some reason had to bring the realities of war and terror home in my mind and I found and watched a video of poor Nicholas Berg getting his head sawn off. It was without exception the most stunning thing I've ever seen. I can read all day that people do this to each other, but I guess I needed to see it to believe it and it was absolutely horrifying. I don't care how devout his executioners are, they're not people by any definition I can find, just monsters. I hope I don't get nightmares from it, but if I do I suppose I asked for it. Besides, at least I'm still alive to have nightmares.
I have a quartal canon to go write for theory, so I'd better get cracking.
No comments:
Post a Comment