I've become quite unsure of the whole music ed thing. I've yet to determine what the main factors in this tendency is, whether it be laziness or that I just don't want to teach bad enough to do the vast amount of work required of me. But the concept of dropping ed with no backup plan is unsettling, so I've hit upon a decent alternative: music business. While I'm getting through this semester as an ed major, I'm going to talk with some people about the business program here, and what's involved. The curriculum looks interesting, and TJ likes his classes so far in that major. The other very attractive feature of majoring in music business is that I'd be out of here, fully degreed in 3-4 semesters... wow! I'm heartily sick of school, and there's something to be said for completing a degree quickly. And it would still be in music! The business classes would be versatile enough to cover the possibility of working in a business other than music too.
I'd still have to take lessons, be in an ensemble, and take piano classes through the 4th semester level, so there's still a high degree of musical education involved, which I think is just great. I could even get my teacher certification with a subsequent masters degree. We shall see how this goes, I guess.
Friday, January 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
http://www.post-literate.com/gerpunx/archives/2005/01/prepare_to_lose_your_mind.php
Go look at that instead and then get back to work *grins*
Post a Comment