Saturday, January 22, 2005

Audition results reflections

Yesterday, before I left for home, I dropped in to talk to my studio teacher. I mainly wanted to find out who I'd be taking lessons from this spring (it's him, as opposed to the assistant trombone instructor), but we had a good talk anyway. He thinks I'll see a noticeable improvement in my playing this semester, and alot of headway will be made. Also, he let me know that Concert Band isn't really the "next to bottom" band, but is on equal par with Wind Symphony... the both of them occupy the tier below the top band. So Concert Band will be good for me, and I think it'll be alot of fun too, while I make the improvements necessary to be able to keep up in a truly premier ensemble.

Besides, school politics being what they are, I won't have a shot at Orchestra or Wind Ensemble until Will or Sam graduate. They're the trombone darlings of Mason (and not for nothing, either), and have permanent chairs in those groups while they're there, basically.

It'll be a fine semester.

No comments: