Monday, January 24, 2005

My Monday was Dull, how was yours?

Last night's trip back to Fred got off to a late start, but it was well worth it, since I got some extra time with someone special (and no, it' s not your mom.). I hit the road around 12:30-ish, and got back to Fred about 2:30-ish. I was surprised at the drive time, as all the roads, including 490, were at least slightly snow-covered, so I wasn't exactly moving at light speed. When I hit the Thruway though, it was a different story... I haven't seen roads this clear in days. I have to hand it to those plow crews, they did an immaculate job. Almost nothing but bare pavement for the entire trip.

Well, Upon my return to Moore Ave., I found an empty apartment; TJ hadn't come back. So I got the gas wall-heaters cranking and unloaded my car. Then I sat around and tried to warm up, since it was fucking freezing in here. I loaded the dish-washer. I had some tea. I played on the computer. I tried not to shiver. Eventually I gave up and resigned myself to a chilly slumber, and got into my cold bed, and wrapped myself up in my cold sheets. I stuck my ceramic heater under the comforter for a minute or two to trap some heat in there. These weren't circumstances conducive to fitful sleep. I managed to squeeze in a few hours of none-too-sound rest.

Since I'm blogging with MacJournal now, I can update throughout the day, then upload one giant post... a grand idea, I think. So look for posts from today tomorrow, since I won't likely post till this evening or so.

3:27pm... I enjoyed the best shower I've experienced in weeks late this morning. I'd been freezing my ass off all night and morning, and after I got back from class (and wrote the previous installment), I got the water as hot as I could stand and savoured it. Sheer ecstasy, I tell you. The only way it could have been better would be if I had company.

TJ and I hit up Wal-Mart for supplies to plastic our windows, and Tops for dinner ingredients for this week. To hell with a meal plan, I've decided, I can eat on a better budget than $500 a semester. Hell, I can even fit in a lot of beer and still keep under 500.

Shortly I'm off to recital seminar, thence I'll hang around for jazz band practice to decide if I want to play or not. If there are weekend performances, then I'll be giving it a miss.

8:09 PM... Just got back to the apartment a little bit ago from a two hour jazz band rehearsal. Not so much an audition, since the director lost half of his brass players to student teaching. Just reading through some charts. It was fun, and good reading, but the concerts are weekends, so I won't be sticking with it. Only the most dire of circumstances will keep me here (and away from the aforementioned "company") on weekends. I've been relaxing a few minutes, but soon it's off to work, cleaning, sorting, and cooking. The beginning of semesters are nice, as there's not yet too much to do, so I actually get some down time.

1:35 am... Just finished up my nightly phone call, and I'm exhausted. Watched Van Wilder tonight... sophomoric, yet amusing somehow. And of course the bare tits didn't hurt. That always gets an Oscar nod in my book. Oscar for Best Actress Portraying a Naked Woman category. Indeed.

I am fucking tired. It's off to bed, and then I have a busy day today. More to come tomorrow!

No comments: