Monday, January 17, 2005

T-minus one day...

I only have one day left of my winter break. I have little urge to go back to Fredonia, but I owe it to myself and several other people to get back on the horse and try to kick the spring semester's ass. I have loads of stuff to do tomorrow too... (tomorrow meaning Monday, so technically "today") laundry, packing, practicing, budgeting for financial aid, and possibly racking the beer to the secondary fermenter. And of course, I'll be spending as much time with Heidi as I can find tomorrow too.

Boo going back to school.

Today was an interesting time... I got a call at about 11 AM, from Heidi. It seems she was at work (which is a church), and there was an afternoon Christian music thing happening. Her church's regular bassist was stricken with an "explosive stomach flu," and she practically begged me to come sub. So, there I was, bleary-eyed, sucking down coffee and cereal, then running myself through the shower as quickly as humanly possible. I actually made it down to Victor about on time, and we got a good hour of practice (read: furiously scribbling out chord charts), and the gig went off without too many bumps. I got accolades for my last-minute fill-in heroics, and Heidi pretty much offered to repay me in any manner I please. Which has so many possibilities... *grins*

Eek! It's late! I'm off to bed!

2 comments:

battlemaiden said...

Have you been adequately compensated yet?

Ryan said...

No, I'm afraid not... what else can we arrange? *winks*